Skip to main content

Featured

News

Photo by Amy Treasure on Unsplash Shortly after Easter this year I got a very bad concussion that left me on full bed rest for three weeks and semi bed rest for another 3 weeks. For the first three weeks after the diagnosis I was not allowed to use a computer or a phone. I could not even watch TV. I was only allowed to sleep or take a walk if I felt good. The first couple of weeks were hard. The following weeks were better as I learned how to pace myself. I realized that my body was quite adept at letting me know when it had had enough. And so I listened to me and surprisingly, I learned a lot about myself.  For the first time in my life I was able to rest without guilt and it was wonderful. I unplugged and reconnected with nature and it made me incredibly happy. This enabled me to see ME for the first time in what seemed like forever and I started to understand what was missing in my life, what I needed and what I no longer needed.  For a very long time I have equated

Artist Melissa Pop

"La Primavera"

an original watercolor painting by Melissa Pop.

I fell in love with Melissa Pop's paintings the minute I saw them on Pinterest. One look and I was sold. Beautiful, cheerful, reflective and soulful are some of the words I'd use to describe Melissa's paintings and one of my favorite paintings is "La Primavera" which is shown above. The way Melissa has depicted the many colors of the wave as the sun shines through it is just remarkable. There is a luminescence about this painting that draws the viewer in, to the point where you feel like you are part of the wave and part of something bigger than yourself. I love the feelings of warmth and security that I get from this painting and although I know I can't, I feel like I could crawl inside that wave and spend all eternity there.

"Freedom" is a little more soulful and at first glance, a little colder, but do not be fooled, this painting offers up a flight of imagination as vivid as the birds it portrays.

"Until the Lights Come On", "Underwater Melody" and "Tropical Delight" all depict the vibrant colors of tropical life and offer you the opportunity to experience the natural beauty both above and below the water.


"Freedom"

an original acrylic painting by Melissa Pop

"Until the Lights Come On"

an original acrylic painting by Melissa Pop

"Underwater Melody"

an original acrylic painting by Melissa Pop.

"Tropical Delight"

an original acrylic painting by Melissa Pop.

Born in Montreal but living in Panama since 2008, Melissa's inspiration has been the colors and rhythm of her day to day life there. Each painting is a little portrait of her surroundings and the life she now leads. To see more of Melissa's artwork please visit her website or her facebook page. You can also follow Melissa at: twitter: @melipopart, pinterest: @melipopart, and instagram: @ melipopart. 

Many thanks to Melissa Pop for giving me permission to do this post. 

Comments

  1. What a beautiful blog post, I am incredibly touched by your words! Thank you for sharing my art and vision with your readers. It is an honor to be featured on your blog.
    PS: A close friend read the article and commented that she has never been able to appropriately describe my art... but that you have succeeded!
    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pleasure was all mine. I love your work and I am happy that I was able to share it so that others may also be inspired!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts