Skip to main content

Featured

News

Photo by Amy Treasure on Unsplash Shortly after Easter this year I got a very bad concussion that left me on full bed rest for three weeks and semi bed rest for another 3 weeks. For the first three weeks after the diagnosis I was not allowed to use a computer or a phone. I could not even watch TV. I was only allowed to sleep or take a walk if I felt good. The first couple of weeks were hard. The following weeks were better as I learned how to pace myself. I realized that my body was quite adept at letting me know when it had had enough. And so I listened to me and surprisingly, I learned a lot about myself.  For the first time in my life I was able to rest without guilt and it was wonderful. I unplugged and reconnected with nature and it made me incredibly happy. This enabled me to see ME for the first time in what seemed like forever and I started to understand what was missing in my life, what I needed and what I no longer needed.  For a very long time I have equated

Blissful Bathtubs

Bathrooms have come a long way since the 50's let me tell you. Rooms that were once considered utilitarian have now taken on a life of their own. Here are a few examples of exquisite bathrooms from around the world.

This bathtub is made out of a piece of granite that has been brought back from Bali and which has been shaped into a bathtub. All the pipes have been concealed in the wooden box and if you look closely you will see that the chandelier is actually the shower head. Isn't this awesome!! 


How about a silver bathtub to add some shine to your bathroom. Combine it with an antique mirror and a chandelier and you've got glamour worthy of old Hollywood. 


This hammock bathtub designed by Splinter Works virtually hangs from the tiled bathroom walls. Made out of stainless steel and carbon fiber, it's superior craftsmanship enables it to hang from the tiles even with a bather and 100 liters of water. Finished in gold leaf, this one of a kind bathtub is sure to wow everyone who sees it!

The Hammock bathtub by Splinter Works.

Comments

Popular Posts