I love coffee. Deep, dark, rich coffee topped with lots of cream...YUM!
Boy that sounds good right now.....Unfortunately since I developed some heart issues a few years ago I've had to say goodbye to coffee with the exception of an occasional decaf. Lucky for me there are quite a few coffee houses that make really good decafs so I no longer have to suffer in silence. Even luckier is that I stumbled upon a recipe for iced coffee cubes from Kiran Tarun's blog which I slightly adapted and posted after the picture below. What a great way to get a little coffee, caffeinated or not, during those hot summer months.
Here is my adapted recipe for Kiran's iced coffee cubes:
- A pot of your favorite freshly brewed coffee (stronger coffee will not taste as diluted once combined with the milk or cream) cooled to room temperature.
- 1 tsp of your favorite flavoring such as organic pure vanilla extract or Kahlua. If you are making these for a dinner party you may want to add 1 tbsp or more of the Kahlua. Taste test the coffee before freezing.
- I don't like to add any sweetener but if you like your coffee sweet, add your favorite sweetener.
- Organic milk/cream or better yet, whipped cream.
- Add flavorings and sweetener to the cooled, freshly brewed pot of coffee. Stir to combine.
- Pour coffee into ice tray and freeze overnight.
- Add some iced coffee cubes to your favorite glasses and top with the organic milk, cream or whipped cream.
- Sit back and enjoy!
Both photos courtesy of Kiran Tarun.