Skip to main content

Featured

News

Photo by Amy Treasure on Unsplash Shortly after Easter this year I got a very bad concussion that left me on full bed rest for three weeks and semi bed rest for another 3 weeks. For the first three weeks after the diagnosis I was not allowed to use a computer or a phone. I could not even watch TV. I was only allowed to sleep or take a walk if I felt good. The first couple of weeks were hard. The following weeks were better as I learned how to pace myself. I realized that my body was quite adept at letting me know when it had had enough. And so I listened to me and surprisingly, I learned a lot about myself.  For the first time in my life I was able to rest without guilt and it was wonderful. I unplugged and reconnected with nature and it made me incredibly happy. This enabled me to see ME for the first time in what seemed like forever and I started to understand what was missing in my life, what I needed and what I no longer needed.  For a very long time I have equated

Iced Coffee Cubes

I love coffee. Deep, dark, rich coffee topped with lots of cream...YUM! 

Boy that sounds good right now.....Unfortunately since I developed some heart issues a few years ago I've had to say goodbye to coffee with the exception of an occasional decaf. Lucky for me there are quite a few coffee houses that make really good decafs so I no longer have to suffer in silence. Even luckier is that I stumbled upon a recipe for iced coffee cubes from Kiran Tarun's blog which I slightly adapted and posted after the picture below. What a great way to get a little coffee, caffeinated or not, during those hot summer months. 


Here is my adapted recipe for Kiran's iced coffee cubes:

Ingredients:
  • A pot of your favorite freshly brewed coffee (stronger coffee will not taste as diluted once combined with the milk or cream) cooled to room temperature. 
  • 1 tsp of your favorite flavoring such as organic pure vanilla extract or Kahlua. If you are making these for a dinner party you may want to add 1 tbsp or more of the Kahlua. Taste test the coffee before freezing. 
  • I don't like to add any sweetener but if you like your coffee sweet, add your favorite sweetener. 
  • Organic milk/cream or better yet, whipped cream. 

Directions:
  • Add flavorings and sweetener to the cooled, freshly brewed pot of coffee. Stir to combine. 
  • Pour coffee into ice tray and freeze overnight. 
  • Add some iced coffee cubes to your favorite glasses and top with the organic milk, cream or whipped cream. 
  • Sit back and enjoy!

Both photos courtesy of Kiran Tarun. 

Comments

Popular Posts