Skip to main content

Featured

News

Photo by Amy Treasure on Unsplash Shortly after Easter this year I got a very bad concussion that left me on full bed rest for three weeks and semi bed rest for another 3 weeks. For the first three weeks after the diagnosis I was not allowed to use a computer or a phone. I could not even watch TV. I was only allowed to sleep or take a walk if I felt good. The first couple of weeks were hard. The following weeks were better as I learned how to pace myself. I realized that my body was quite adept at letting me know when it had had enough. And so I listened to me and surprisingly, I learned a lot about myself.  For the first time in my life I was able to rest without guilt and it was wonderful. I unplugged and reconnected with nature and it made me incredibly happy. This enabled me to see ME for the first time in what seemed like forever and I started to understand what was missing in my life, what I needed and what I no longer needed.  For a very long time I have equated

Rupert Blanchard - Upcycler extraordinaire

Rupert Blanchard won the Best British Product Design Award in 2011 for his mismatched chest of drawers. These however are just the tip of the iceberg. Richard also makes the most beautiful upcycled crate furniture collection I have seen as well as some very interesting side boards. Please visit Rupert Blanchard for more info. You can also visit Rupert's store here.


Upcycled wooden crate furniture




Sideboards
Vintage enameled advertising signs are used as laminates 

Gas station numbers form the facade of this sideboard

This cabinet is made out of left over metal from a bus

Comments

Popular Posts