Skip to main content

Featured

News

Photo by Amy Treasure on Unsplash Shortly after Easter this year I got a very bad concussion that left me on full bed rest for three weeks and semi bed rest for another 3 weeks. For the first three weeks after the diagnosis I was not allowed to use a computer or a phone. I could not even watch TV. I was only allowed to sleep or take a walk if I felt good. The first couple of weeks were hard. The following weeks were better as I learned how to pace myself. I realized that my body was quite adept at letting me know when it had had enough. And so I listened to me and surprisingly, I learned a lot about myself.  For the first time in my life I was able to rest without guilt and it was wonderful. I unplugged and reconnected with nature and it made me incredibly happy. This enabled me to see ME for the first time in what seemed like forever and I started to understand what was missing in my life, what I needed and what I no longer needed.  For a very long time I have equated

Passeig de Gràcia by Katty Schiebec

Interior designer Katty Schiebec has just posted her latest project and it is simply stunning. Located in Barcelona (as if that already isn't fabulous enough!), I am totally enamored with the herringbone patterned wood floor, minimalist design and her use of marble. 


This kitchen is truly a work of art. Between the wood floor, the marble island with suspended counter, the streamlined cupboards and the brass accessories, I don't know what to fall in love with first. The kitchen almost has a bit of an Art deco vibe to it which is really interesting. 


What about that view!

I think that sleeping in this bedroom would be like sleeping in Heaven with it's white gauze curtains and silk covers. 


Can you stand the solid marble bathtub? OMG!  

I can't get enough of this bathroom. Such a simple design with such a big impact. 
I think I need to go to Barcelona!

Comments

Popular Posts