Skip to main content

Featured

News

Photo by Amy Treasure on Unsplash Shortly after Easter this year I got a very bad concussion that left me on full bed rest for three weeks and semi bed rest for another 3 weeks. For the first three weeks after the diagnosis I was not allowed to use a computer or a phone. I could not even watch TV. I was only allowed to sleep or take a walk if I felt good. The first couple of weeks were hard. The following weeks were better as I learned how to pace myself. I realized that my body was quite adept at letting me know when it had had enough. And so I listened to me and surprisingly, I learned a lot about myself.  For the first time in my life I was able to rest without guilt and it was wonderful. I unplugged and reconnected with nature and it made me incredibly happy. This enabled me to see ME for the first time in what seemed like forever and I started to understand what was missing in my life, what I needed and what I no longer needed.  For a very long time I have equated

Log pathways

 

We were driving by a house the other day and I noticed a whole bunch of logs just laying there on the edge of the property. They were just begging to be picked up. As we passed by all I could think of was how wonderful they'd look in my garden. Unfortunately this time of year is not the time to be starting a large garden project, and we really had no where to store them until next Spring, so I had to leave them there. However, nothing prevented me from showing you how you could incorporate some old wooden logs into your garden so here are a few ideas!



I love the idea of using the logs as part of a pathway to the vegetable garden. I really like how the round shape of the log pieces look surrounded by the rectangular shape of the planting beds. 


Please click on photos to be brought to their source. 

Comments

Popular Posts